Exhaust-only kitchen hoods
Our Model KA exhaust-only hoods are an effective and economical means to remove grease-laden effluents in a kitchen. This line of kitchen hoods can be provided with a front or rear make-up air supply plenum or the make-up air can be supplied through external grilles. See our line of "Compensating Kitchen Hoods" for integral supply plenums.
- 18-gauge 304 stainless steel (Std.), 430 stainless steel is available
- Exterior seams continuously welded, liquid-tight, ground and polished
- ETL (UL 710) and NSF Listed
- Meets NFPA 96 and National Electrical Code requirements
- Rated for 400°F, 600°F and 700°F cooking operations
- Incandescent light fixtures
- Full-length pitched grease trough with removable grease cup
- Aluminum baffle-type filters
- Factory-installed collars
- Hanger brackets
Options & Accessories
- Pitched hood (shorten the front height for low ceiling application; 16" minimum)
- Welded hood sections for single piece length over 12' to 16' maximum
- Supply air plenum (front or rear)
- Exhaust air fire damper
- Exhaust air balancing damper
- Motorized exhaust air damper
- Standoff spacer on back of hood (uninsulated or insulated)
- Fluorescent or LED lights
- Recessed light fixtures
- Stainless steel baffle-type filters
- Flame Gard filters
- Sensor for automatic exhaust fan start
- Fan and light switches (mounted on hood or loose for wall mounting) (PDF)
- 16-gauge or 14-gauge construction
- End skirts (PDF)
- Backsplash (uninsulated or insulated) (PDF)
- Top enclosure (PDF)
- Finished back for wall hood used in an island application
- Painted hood exterior
- Cabinet on end of hood to house fire suppression system components (PDF)
- Installed fire suppression system (PDF)
- Demand control ventilation system by KEES
- Demand control ventilation system by Melink®
- KA hoods are available from 4'0" to 16'0" in length (two sections recommended for hoods over 12' in length). Longer lengths are obtained by butting multiple sections together with factory-supplied joint covers.
- KA hoods are available from 3'0" to 6'0" in width.
- KA hoods are available from 2'0" to 3'0" in height. The minimum front height for pitched hoods is 1'0" with a minimum back height of 2'0".
- KB double island hoods are typically KA hoods mounted back to back. Optionally, they are available as a single assembly up to 12' long by 8' wide.