KEES, Incorporated has an immediate opening for an experienced sales engineer. Responsibilities include providing technical and quotation assistance to our sales representatives plus a wide variety of sales support activities and cost estimating. Our ideal candidate will have an engineering degree plus HVAC sales experience. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience.
Our sales engineers are the interface between KEES and our independent sales reps. They help price our more complicated standard products and all of our customized or special products. They answer technical questions and offer suggestions on how to tackle HVAC issues. Here are the resources we use to complete these tasks:
- Product catalog which includes brochures, data sheets and price lists
- Excel spreadsheets with pricing programs
- Reference manuals such as ASHRAE handbooks, Industrial Ventilation manual, AMCA Fan Manuals
- Interactive Adobe pdf sheets for product submittals
- DraftSight 2-D software
They also interact with our shop personnel on a regular basis to answer questions on custom orders that have been entered and to solicit opinions on estimating the time required to make a modification or create a special part. In addition, the shop is a great resource to help percolate ideas on how to manufacture something out of the ordinary. This helps refine the estimating process.
These activities make up the bulk of the job activities but there are also opportunities to work on improving or testing existing products or developing new ones to offer to our reps. In addition, sales engineers develop or refine the pricing programs and submittal sheets to make them more useable. We have an annual sales meeting where we train our sales reps on our products. It is a great way to meet some of them face to face. On a very limited basis our sales engineers travel to the sales rep office in another city.
- Proficient planning and time management ability demonstrated.
- Recognized leader as viewed by peers and management.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written.
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent job experience
- Experience: 5 years minimum on the job experience in the HVAC industry as an engineer
- Required Training: Extensive understanding of mechanical processes, in general, and HVAC in particular, of cost estimating and of computer software usage.
- Personal Computer – Excel, Word, DraftSight, Adobe software
- Moderate to frequent exposure to shop environment; may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, fumes, chemicals, noise and moving parts.
- Work typically requires the usage of PPE when on the facility’s production floor.
- Minimal Travel (Industry shows, benchmarking, equipment reviews, customer visits)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and move about facility.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.